I qualified as a Registered Nutritional Therapist 20 years ago, a career path I took after being a professional cook for 22 years, and in that time I set up and ran a cookery school from home, whilst my 3 children were very young. It was a manic and incredibly stressful time, trying to juggle a family and working long hours. And just like I see in so many of my clients nowadays, the chronic stress eventually undermined my own health too.
I ate myself back to wellness, following the recommendations of a very forward thinking doctor, and became fascinated by how practicing functional medicine and nutritional rehabilitation was so effective in rebalancing the body’s various Systems, to bring about good health and wellbeing. This personal experience encouraged me to take a degree in health science & nutritional therapy.
I run a private practice and I work online, holding consultations over Zoom, as well as face-to-face consultations. This allows me to help clients wherever they live, whether in the UK or overseas.
- BSc(Hons) Health Science: Nutritional Therapy
- Diploma: National Centre for Eating Disorders: Accr. British Psychological Society) specializing in helping people with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and other associated emotional eating conditions.
- Diploma EFTi: Emotional Freedom Technique. I work with people of all ages to help them overcome their phobias & emotional issues, food, body image & weight.
- Certificate in Obesity Management. My public health roles include health & nutrition counselling with the Princes Trust, Anglian Community Enterprise and the Macmillan Centre at Southend University Hospital and Broomfield Hospital.
- DTLLS (Qual. Teacher): Lecturer in nutrition, health, psychology of health & health research in further education,
- Lecturing roles at Guildhall School Music & Drama; Italia Conti for Performing Arts, University of the Arts, SEEVIC
- University of West London: Assessor in Clinical Nutrition.
- ACE (Anglian Community Enterprise: 3 years coaching/mentoring on an NHS programme for obesity and pre-diabetes.
As a working mother, I have always been aware of the challenges of getting a meal on the table in the evening after a long day at work, but my experience as a cook, together with my nutritional knowledge enables me to provide practical information and recipes on how to feed individuals and families in the most nutritious, economical and enjoyable ways.
I am a fully insured member of BANT (British Association of Applied Nutritional Therapists), CNHC (Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council); NTC (Nutritional Therapy Council) & EFTi/AAMET (Emotional Freedom Therapy International).
My training has met National Occupational Standards and I am bound and regulated by a strict Code of Ethics and Practice. I am trained and certified to use scientific and nutritional knowledge in a therapeutically curative and healing way. To compliment my knowledge and comply with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements, I attend seminars and lectures to learn about future developments in nutrition and the latest scientific, evidence-based research, and write nutrition articles for some publications.